Ghana President John Atta Mill dies at 68
Accra: The 68-year-old Ghana President John Atta Mill, who was suffering from throat cancer, breathed his last on Tuesday. John Dramani Mahama, was sworn-in as the new leader after Mill`s demise.
Mill, who had been in power since 2009, had complained of pains on Monday and was rushed to the hospital in Accra where he died during the treatment.
A statement issued by the President’s office stated, “It is with a heavy heart... that we announce the sudden and untimely death of the president of the Republic of Ghana."
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev