Ghana President John Atta Mill dies at 68
Accra: The 68-year-old Ghana President John Atta Mill, who was suffering from throat cancer, breathed his last on Tuesday. John Dramani Mahama, was sworn-in as the new leader after Mill`s demise.
Mill, who had been in power since 2009, had complained of pains on Monday and was rushed to the hospital in Accra where he died during the treatment.
A statement issued by the President’s office stated, “It is with a heavy heart... that we announce the sudden and untimely death of the president of the Republic of Ghana."
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read