Giant beach ball bounces around London during storm
London: A giant beach ball bounced around the streets of London as a killer storm swept Britain.
The 10m wide ball came loose from a building near Old Street station, where it had been tethered to symbolise the CO2 emissions a new 200 million pounds development would cut back on, the Metro reports.
According to the report, pictures uploaded via social media showed the ball bouncing around in stormy conditions before the morning rush hour.
But soon a crack team of council workers was sent in to deflate the ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari makes quarterfinal exit as no Indian left in individual events
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?