Giant beach ball bounces around London during storm
London: A giant beach ball bounced around the streets of London as a killer storm swept Britain.
The 10m wide ball came loose from a building near Old Street station, where it had been tethered to symbolise the CO2 emissions a new 200 million pounds development would cut back on, the Metro reports.
According to the report, pictures uploaded via social media showed the ball bouncing around in stormy conditions before the morning rush hour.
But soon a crack team of council workers was sent in to deflate the ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'