Giant beach ball bounces around London during storm
London: A giant beach ball bounced around the streets of London as a killer storm swept Britain.
The 10m wide ball came loose from a building near Old Street station, where it had been tethered to symbolise the CO2 emissions a new 200 million pounds development would cut back on, the Metro reports.
According to the report, pictures uploaded via social media showed the ball bouncing around in stormy conditions before the morning rush hour.
But soon a crack team of council workers was sent in to deflate the ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate