Giant beach ball bounces around London during storm
London: A giant beach ball bounced around the streets of London as a killer storm swept Britain.
The 10m wide ball came loose from a building near Old Street station, where it had been tethered to symbolise the CO2 emissions a new 200 million pounds development would cut back on, the Metro reports.
According to the report, pictures uploaded via social media showed the ball bouncing around in stormy conditions before the morning rush hour.
But soon a crack team of council workers was sent in to deflate the ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court