Giant boozer banned from UK`s smallest pub
London: A giant British boozer was banned from UK`s smallest pub because he takes up too much room.
Adam Thurkettle, 6ft 7in tall, enjoys a pint in his titchy local the 15ft by 7ft The Nutshell.
The Nutshell is listed by Guinness World Records as the smallest in Britain and when 23-year-old Adam squeezes in there`s no space for other customers.
Now owner Jack Burton has banned "gentle giant" Adam at peak times, British tabloid `The Sun` reported.
Burton said, "Adam`s a real gentle giant. But on a busy night he takes up such a lot of space that I have to turn away at least four normal-sized drinkers."
Adam, who has to duck to get through the door in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, said, "I love The Nutshell and the regulars are a great bunch but not many can get in after I arrive."
"My size is a great advantage when moving tree trunks but can be a handicap when I prop up the bar."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown