Giant boozer banned from UK`s smallest pub
London: A giant British boozer was banned from UK`s smallest pub because he takes up too much room.
Adam Thurkettle, 6ft 7in tall, enjoys a pint in his titchy local the 15ft by 7ft The Nutshell.
The Nutshell is listed by Guinness World Records as the smallest in Britain and when 23-year-old Adam squeezes in there`s no space for other customers.
Now owner Jack Burton has banned "gentle giant" Adam at peak times, British tabloid `The Sun` reported.
Burton said, "Adam`s a real gentle giant. But on a busy night he takes up such a lot of space that I have to turn away at least four normal-sized drinkers."
Adam, who has to duck to get through the door in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, said, "I love The Nutshell and the regulars are a great bunch but not many can get in after I arrive."
"My size is a great advantage when moving tree trunks but can be a handicap when I prop up the bar."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!