Giffords group starts airing gun-control TV ad
Tuscon (Arizona): A former Arizona Congresswoman who survived being shot in the head is taking to the airwaves in hopes of persuading Congress to approve gun-control measures.
A political action committee formed by Gabrielle Giffords and husband Mark Kelly says it began airing a TV commercial today that shows images of the aftermath of four mass shootings and an on-camera appeal by Giffords for congressional action.
She`s recovering from a head wound suffered in a January 2011 shooting in Tucson. The ad specifically calls for universal background checks of gun purchasers.
Americans for Responsible Solutions says the ad is airing in Washington and in home districts and states of congressional leaders in San Francisco, Cincinnati, Las Vegas and Louisville, Kentucky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit