Giffords group starts airing gun-control TV ad
Tuscon (Arizona): A former Arizona Congresswoman who survived being shot in the head is taking to the airwaves in hopes of persuading Congress to approve gun-control measures.
A political action committee formed by Gabrielle Giffords and husband Mark Kelly says it began airing a TV commercial today that shows images of the aftermath of four mass shootings and an on-camera appeal by Giffords for congressional action.
She`s recovering from a head wound suffered in a January 2011 shooting in Tucson. The ad specifically calls for universal background checks of gun purchasers.
Americans for Responsible Solutions says the ad is airing in Washington and in home districts and states of congressional leaders in San Francisco, Cincinnati, Las Vegas and Louisville, Kentucky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez