Giffords` husband says he thought wife was killed
Tucson: The husband of Rep
Gabrielle Giffords says he believed for about 20 minutes that his wife was dead after viewing a mistaken television news report that said his wife had been fatally shot.
Astronaut Mark Kelly told ABC`s Diane Sawyer in an
interview that aired yesterday night that he learned that
Giffords had been shot on January 8 when he received a phone
call from her chief of staff.
He says he rushed aboard a friend`s plane to fly to
Arizona, and while aboard the plane saw the TV report. He says
he ran to the plane`s bathroom and broke down.
Kelly says he learned that she was alive when he called
Giffords` mother, who was outside the operating room at the
Tucson hospital where the congresswoman was being treated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk