Giffords` husband says he thought wife was killed
Tucson: The husband of Rep
Gabrielle Giffords says he believed for about 20 minutes that his wife was dead after viewing a mistaken television news report that said his wife had been fatally shot.
Astronaut Mark Kelly told ABC`s Diane Sawyer in an
interview that aired yesterday night that he learned that
Giffords had been shot on January 8 when he received a phone
call from her chief of staff.
He says he rushed aboard a friend`s plane to fly to
Arizona, and while aboard the plane saw the TV report. He says
he ran to the plane`s bathroom and broke down.
Kelly says he learned that she was alive when he called
Giffords` mother, who was outside the operating room at the
Tucson hospital where the congresswoman was being treated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal