Gilani is and will remain Pak’s PM: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said there is no confusion regarding Yousuf Raza Gilani’s Prime Ministership and that he is still and will retain the PM’s position in the country.
“We are clear that Yousuf Raza Gilani is our leader and the prime minister of the country so no one should get have any confusion regarding this matter,” the Daily Times quoted Malik, as saying. Minister of State for Interior Imtiaz Safdar Warriach, while criticising the comments of Leader of Opposition in the National Assembly Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, said that any desire to stop the elected prime minister from attending the parliament’s proceeding will be against the constitution and the parliament.
Warriach said Gilani has never disobeyed the court and has appeared before the judiciary whenever asked to, adding that those who want to topple the government will have to wait for the next general elections. Warriach said leaders of the opposition who are talking about morality should also remember their past actions like the attack on the Supreme Court, horse-trading and writing letters to General (retd) Pervez Musharraf, asking for forgiveness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak