Gillard trips head over heels near Gandhi Memorial
New Delhi: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard on Wednesday slipped on her heel and fell as she was walking away from the Gandhi Memorial at Rajghat in New Delhi, in yet another shoe trouble for her.
After the slip, she showed good humour and immediately joked about it.
"My heel got stuck in grass," she was quoted as saying by Herald Sun, adding unlike men who wore flat shoes, it was an occupational hazard for women wearing modest heels.
"I`m fine. For men who get to wear flat shoes all day every day, if you wear a heel it can get embedded in soft grass and when you pull your foot out the shoe doesn`t come and the rest of it is as you saw."
The Prime Minister`s tumble happened as she rushed between events.
"It`s OK, I`m alright," she told people who helped her to get up.
Gillard brushed off suggestions she could wear boots, saying that would lead to fashion critique in Australia about wearing boots with a skirt.
In January, Gillard had lost a shoe as she was being whisked from the Australia Day riot in Canberra. She had also lost footwear during the last election campaign in her country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy