Giorgos Zanias named caretaker Greek finance chief
Athens: A top negotiator in Greece`s huge debt write-down deal has been appointed the country`s caretaker finance minister.
A government statement says Giorgos Zanias, a senior Finance Ministry official and Athens University professor of economics, will hold the finance portfolio until new elections are held in about a month.
The statement also names veteran diplomat Petros Molyviatis as foreign minister in the caretaker government headed by senior judge Panagiotis Pikrammenos. Molyviatis is a former foreign minister.
Pikrammenos` 16-strong cabinet will be sworn in today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'