Giorgos Zanias named caretaker Greek finance chief
Athens: A top negotiator in Greece`s huge debt write-down deal has been appointed the country`s caretaker finance minister.
A government statement says Giorgos Zanias, a senior Finance Ministry official and Athens University professor of economics, will hold the finance portfolio until new elections are held in about a month.
The statement also names veteran diplomat Petros Molyviatis as foreign minister in the caretaker government headed by senior judge Panagiotis Pikrammenos. Molyviatis is a former foreign minister.
Pikrammenos` 16-strong cabinet will be sworn in today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi