Giorgos Zanias named caretaker Greek finance chief
Athens: A top negotiator in Greece`s huge debt write-down deal has been appointed the country`s caretaker finance minister.
A government statement says Giorgos Zanias, a senior Finance Ministry official and Athens University professor of economics, will hold the finance portfolio until new elections are held in about a month.
The statement also names veteran diplomat Petros Molyviatis as foreign minister in the caretaker government headed by senior judge Panagiotis Pikrammenos. Molyviatis is a former foreign minister.
Pikrammenos` 16-strong cabinet will be sworn in today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das