Giorgos Zanias named caretaker Greek finance chief
Athens: A top negotiator in Greece`s huge debt write-down deal has been appointed the country`s caretaker finance minister.
A government statement says Giorgos Zanias, a senior Finance Ministry official and Athens University professor of economics, will hold the finance portfolio until new elections are held in about a month.
The statement also names veteran diplomat Petros Molyviatis as foreign minister in the caretaker government headed by senior judge Panagiotis Pikrammenos. Molyviatis is a former foreign minister.
Pikrammenos` 16-strong cabinet will be sworn in today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning