Giorgos Zanias named caretaker Greek finance chief
Athens: A top negotiator in Greece`s huge debt write-down deal has been appointed the country`s caretaker finance minister.
A government statement says Giorgos Zanias, a senior Finance Ministry official and Athens University professor of economics, will hold the finance portfolio until new elections are held in about a month.
The statement also names veteran diplomat Petros Molyviatis as foreign minister in the caretaker government headed by senior judge Panagiotis Pikrammenos. Molyviatis is a former foreign minister.
Pikrammenos` 16-strong cabinet will be sworn in today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister