Girl dies on first day at school
London: A three-year-old girl died in Britain after becoming entangled in a rope while playing on a slide.
It was her first day at nursery.
Lydia Bishop is believed to have been dropped off at the nursery at York College Monday by her mother, Rebecca Dick, who had lectures, Daily Express reported.
Detective Chief Inspector Nigel Costello, of North Yorkshire Police, said: "I understand it was her first day of nursery.
We have started to interview staff."
As families left flowers and cards on her demise, one of the cards read: "To a lovely little girl, rest with the angels."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre