Girls recruited for Berlusconi`s parties?
Rome: Prosecutors say an Italian businessman recruited about 30 girls to attend parties at Premier Silvio Berlusconi`s homes, selecting them for their looks and age and paying some of them to have sex with the Italian leader.
They allege that between Sept 2008 and May 2009 Gianpaolo Tarantini recruited women of "young age, slender frame," and told them what to wear and how to behave at the parties, according to a newly filed court document.
The prosecutors have now wrapped up their investigation into Tarantini`s activities.
Berlusconi is not under investigation in the case. But the revelations are proving a further embarrassment for the scandal-plagued leader.
"Italy deserves better," La Stampa newspaper said in an editorial on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah