Girls recruited for Berlusconi`s parties?
Rome: Prosecutors say an Italian businessman recruited about 30 girls to attend parties at Premier Silvio Berlusconi`s homes, selecting them for their looks and age and paying some of them to have sex with the Italian leader.
They allege that between Sept 2008 and May 2009 Gianpaolo Tarantini recruited women of "young age, slender frame," and told them what to wear and how to behave at the parties, according to a newly filed court document.
The prosecutors have now wrapped up their investigation into Tarantini`s activities.
Berlusconi is not under investigation in the case. But the revelations are proving a further embarrassment for the scandal-plagued leader.
"Italy deserves better," La Stampa newspaper said in an editorial on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical