Gitmo reviews underway: US Attorney General
Doha: The US Attorney General says reviews are under way to decide which Guantanamo Bay detainees could face trial in American courts or special military tribunals.
Eric Holder said today the decisions on some detainees could come as soon as next week.
The Senate last Thursday backed a plan that allows prosecution of suspects, including those accused in the September 11, 2001 attacks, in either federal courts or by a military commission.
Holder also told reporters in Qatar`s capital Doha that the Obama administration is working to meet its deadline to close the Guantanamo detention facility by January.
Holder is in Doha attending a global forum on fighting corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician