Gitmo reviews underway: US Attorney General
Doha: The US Attorney General says reviews are under way to decide which Guantanamo Bay detainees could face trial in American courts or special military tribunals.
Eric Holder said today the decisions on some detainees could come as soon as next week.
The Senate last Thursday backed a plan that allows prosecution of suspects, including those accused in the September 11, 2001 attacks, in either federal courts or by a military commission.
Holder also told reporters in Qatar`s capital Doha that the Obama administration is working to meet its deadline to close the Guantanamo detention facility by January.
Holder is in Doha attending a global forum on fighting corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video