Gitmo reviews underway: US Attorney General
Doha: The US Attorney General says reviews are under way to decide which Guantanamo Bay detainees could face trial in American courts or special military tribunals.
Eric Holder said today the decisions on some detainees could come as soon as next week.
The Senate last Thursday backed a plan that allows prosecution of suspects, including those accused in the September 11, 2001 attacks, in either federal courts or by a military commission.
Holder also told reporters in Qatar`s capital Doha that the Obama administration is working to meet its deadline to close the Guantanamo detention facility by January.
Holder is in Doha attending a global forum on fighting corruption.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!