Glasgow helicopter crash death tolls rises to nine
London: The number of people killed after a helicopter crashed into a pub in Scotland`s biggest city Glasgow rose to nine, police said on Monday.
Officers continue to sift through the wreckage at the site where a police helicopter crashed into the roof of a packed pub on Friday, trapping many inside in choking dust and debris.
Deputy Chief Constable Rose Fitzpatrick said in comments posted on the Police Scotland Facebook page that the toll had increased.
"Sadly I can also confirm the discovery of a further body within the site," she said. "This takes to nine the total number of people who died on Friday night."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan