Glasgow helicopter crash death tolls rises to nine
London: The number of people killed after a helicopter crashed into a pub in Scotland`s biggest city Glasgow rose to nine, police said on Monday.
Officers continue to sift through the wreckage at the site where a police helicopter crashed into the roof of a packed pub on Friday, trapping many inside in choking dust and debris.
Deputy Chief Constable Rose Fitzpatrick said in comments posted on the Police Scotland Facebook page that the toll had increased.
"Sadly I can also confirm the discovery of a further body within the site," she said. "This takes to nine the total number of people who died on Friday night."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube