Global response to Syrian refugee crisis disappoints Lebanon
Beirut: Lebanon`s caretaker Prime Minister Najib Miqati Thursday contended that the international community did not appropriately assess the scale of the humanitarian crisis suffered by Syrian refugees.
"Lebanon has not shied away from fulfilling its humanitarian duties toward the Syrian refugees, however, it is disappointed with the international community for ignoring pleas for humanitarian aid," reported Xinhua citing Miqati following his meeting with UN humanitarian chief Valerie Amos
For her part, Amos said that the UN, non-governmental agencies and other partners were working together to support Lebanon and other Syrian refugee-hosting countries in dealing with the crisis.
The UN has a winter plan to provide support for the refugee communities, Amos added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state