Global response to Syrian refugee crisis disappoints Lebanon
Beirut: Lebanon`s caretaker Prime Minister Najib Miqati Thursday contended that the international community did not appropriately assess the scale of the humanitarian crisis suffered by Syrian refugees.
"Lebanon has not shied away from fulfilling its humanitarian duties toward the Syrian refugees, however, it is disappointed with the international community for ignoring pleas for humanitarian aid," reported Xinhua citing Miqati following his meeting with UN humanitarian chief Valerie Amos
For her part, Amos said that the UN, non-governmental agencies and other partners were working together to support Lebanon and other Syrian refugee-hosting countries in dealing with the crisis.
The UN has a winter plan to provide support for the refugee communities, Amos added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani
- IPL 9: AB de Villiers recalls 'the gamble' that paid off vs Gujarat Lions during 79-run knock
- Good news! Students can fly cheap on GoAir; carry up to 25 kg of baggage!
- 'Sultan' is Salman Khan's best performance: Randeep Hooda