Global women`s summit held in Istanbul
Istanbul: A global summit for women was held in Istanbul for providing a platform to women to share "what works" in accelerating their economic advancement in society.
The summit with 1,000 women from 81 countries ended with a grand ceremony on Saturday. It was also attended by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, Xinhua reported.
The UN chief said there were still many things to do and many miles to go to in order to achieve the goal of gender equality and empowerment of women.
Summit president Irene Natividad said quotas for women in political parties that were now accepted practice in Europe are being translated into the private sector.
"This is the hot topic of the day in western Europe that was amply discussed at the summit," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown