`Go to hell`, says shoe-thrower to Norway killer
Oslo: An unidentified man on Friday screamed "Go to hell! You killed my brother" and interrupted the trial of mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who massacred 77 people in Norway last year.
The trial was interrupted after the man threw a shoe at the confessed mass killer, in the first such outburst since the proceedings began last month, RIA Novosti reported citing Norwegian newspaper VG.
The shoe hit Breivik`s defence lawyer. The incident was followed by cheers from several members of the public in the courtroom.
The attacker was escorted by security staff from the courtroom in Oslo.
The 33-year-old Breivik has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth camp on Utoeya Island and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011, but pleaded not guilty to terror charges. He said he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
If found to have been sane, Breivik will face Norway`s maximum 21-year jail sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama