`Go to hell`, says shoe-thrower to Norway killer
Oslo: An unidentified man on Friday screamed "Go to hell! You killed my brother" and interrupted the trial of mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who massacred 77 people in Norway last year.
The trial was interrupted after the man threw a shoe at the confessed mass killer, in the first such outburst since the proceedings began last month, RIA Novosti reported citing Norwegian newspaper VG.
The shoe hit Breivik`s defence lawyer. The incident was followed by cheers from several members of the public in the courtroom.
The attacker was escorted by security staff from the courtroom in Oslo.
The 33-year-old Breivik has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth camp on Utoeya Island and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011, but pleaded not guilty to terror charges. He said he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
If found to have been sane, Breivik will face Norway`s maximum 21-year jail sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?