`Go to hell`, says shoe-thrower to Norway killer
Oslo: An unidentified man on Friday screamed "Go to hell! You killed my brother" and interrupted the trial of mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who massacred 77 people in Norway last year.
The trial was interrupted after the man threw a shoe at the confessed mass killer, in the first such outburst since the proceedings began last month, RIA Novosti reported citing Norwegian newspaper VG.
The shoe hit Breivik`s defence lawyer. The incident was followed by cheers from several members of the public in the courtroom.
The attacker was escorted by security staff from the courtroom in Oslo.
The 33-year-old Breivik has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth camp on Utoeya Island and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011, but pleaded not guilty to terror charges. He said he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
If found to have been sane, Breivik will face Norway`s maximum 21-year jail sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees