`Go to hell`, says shoe-thrower to Norway killer
Oslo: An unidentified man on Friday screamed "Go to hell! You killed my brother" and interrupted the trial of mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who massacred 77 people in Norway last year.
The trial was interrupted after the man threw a shoe at the confessed mass killer, in the first such outburst since the proceedings began last month, RIA Novosti reported citing Norwegian newspaper VG.
The shoe hit Breivik`s defence lawyer. The incident was followed by cheers from several members of the public in the courtroom.
The attacker was escorted by security staff from the courtroom in Oslo.
The 33-year-old Breivik has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth camp on Utoeya Island and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011, but pleaded not guilty to terror charges. He said he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
If found to have been sane, Breivik will face Norway`s maximum 21-year jail sentence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents