`Go to hell`, says shoe-thrower to Norway killer
Oslo: An unidentified man on Friday screamed "Go to hell! You killed my brother" and interrupted the trial of mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who massacred 77 people in Norway last year.
The trial was interrupted after the man threw a shoe at the confessed mass killer, in the first such outburst since the proceedings began last month, RIA Novosti reported citing Norwegian newspaper VG.
The shoe hit Breivik`s defence lawyer. The incident was followed by cheers from several members of the public in the courtroom.
The attacker was escorted by security staff from the courtroom in Oslo.
The 33-year-old Breivik has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth camp on Utoeya Island and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011, but pleaded not guilty to terror charges. He said he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
If found to have been sane, Breivik will face Norway`s maximum 21-year jail sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city