Google case not linked to ties with US: China
Beijing: China says the dispute it is having with Internet giant Google should not be linked to its bilateral ties with the United States.
A report from the official Xinhua News Agency said on Thursday quoted Vice Foreign Minister He Yafei as saying that the rift with Google over online censorship and security should not be "over interpreted”.
Google says it will remain in China only if the government relents on rules requiring the censorship of content the ruling party considers subversive.
The ultimatum came last week after Google said it uncovered a computer attack that tried to plunder its software coding and the e-mail accounts of human rights activists protesting Chinese policies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory