Google says `business as usual` in China
Beijing: Google said on Monday it was "business as usual" in China, after reports that the US Internet giant was stopping some local staff from working following its threat to pull out of the Asian country.
The statement came nearly a week after Google`s shock announcement that it was considering abandoning its Chinese search engine, and could shut its China offices, over theft of its intellectual property by hackers.
"We gave our employees a holiday the day of the announcement so that we could run tests and scans internally to ensure that the network is safe and secure," Google said.
"Google China employees are now back at work and it`s business as usual."
Last week, the Beijing News reported that Google China engineers no longer had access to the company`s global database and could no longer work, citing unnamed sources within the company.
The National Business Daily, also quoting unnamed company sources, said some employees had been transferred to the Hong Kong office, while others remained in Beijing but "basically have nothing to do".
Google has said it is no longer willing to bow to the communist country`s army of Internet censors by filtering search results available on google.cn, but is still seeking talks with the Chinese government on a solution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof