GOP strategist Rove blasts Palin for `stay in truck` barb
Washington: Republican uber-strategist Karl Rove has hit back former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, implying the former VP candidate`s early exit from office hurts her credibility as a party critic.
Palin piled on over the weekend after she said consultants who `keep losing elections` should either `buck up` and run for office themselves or `stay in the truck`.
According to the New York Daily News, Palin said consultants like Karl Rove are to blame for GOP losses.
But Rove, joking that he would not be a good candidate for office as a `balding white guy`, added another knock on Palin.
Rove said on `Fox News Sunday` that if he runs for office and win, he did serve out his term and wouldn`t leave office mid-term.
Palin famously left office as Alaska governor mid-way through her term, shortly after her failed 2008 vice presidential run, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership