Gordon Brown’s wife subjected to ‘body search’
London: Former British prime minister Gordon Brown’s wife Sarah Brown was subjected to a body search in the country’s Parliament after security was raised ahead of yesterday’s House of Commons debate on the ongoing riots.
Sarah was accompanying Gordon, who made a rare appearance in the Commons for the recalled session on riots.
“Got pulled to one side and bodysearched going into Portcullis House (where MPs work near the House of Commons) today. *surprised face*,” Sarah wrote on her Twitter profile.
According to the Telegraph, a tunnel connecting Westminster Underground station with Portcullis House, used by MPs and their aides, was closed and checks on visitors were increased.
There was a heavier than normal police presence outside, people working in the Parliament said.
“It is because of the topic of the debate,” a House of Commons spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH