Government buildings torched in Senegal
Dakar: Angry residents of the Senegalese capital have torched several government buildings including offices of the state electricity firm to protest against long power cuts, a report said.
Four offices of Senelec were ablaze and four company vehicles torched.
A tax office was ransacked and burnt in a Dakar suburb.
A policeman said the protestors "took everything with them, including the safe" and added: "The whole of Dakar is burning."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace