Government supporters attack Yemen protesters
Sana’a: Witnesses say government supporters have attacked protesters camped out at a square in the Yemeni capital demanding the country`s ruler of 32 years step down.
Mohammad al-Abahi, a doctor in charge of a makeshift hospital at the encampment, says eight people were injured in the attack. He says two sustained bullet wounds but were stable, while others had breathing difficulties from tear gas fired by police who tried to separate the two groups.
Yemen has been rocked by a month of daily street demonstrations set in motion by the tumult sweeping the Arab world.
The witnesses describe Thursday`s attackers as "paid thugs" who hurled stones and opened fire at the anti-government protesters near Sana’a University. The witnesses spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman