Greek cabinet sworn in
Athens: A new Greek government led by Prime Minister Antonis Samaras was sworn in at a ceremony in Athens on Thursday.
The new Cabinet comprises three parties -- the conservative New Democracy, Pasok and the Democratic Party of the Left. Most of the ministers belong to the New Democracy party, which won Sunday`s election.
Prime Minister Samaras was sworn in on Wednesday and he chose to name his cabinet earlier Thursday.
The country`s National Bank chairman Vassilis Rapanos has been made the finance minister. However, Dimitris Avramopoulos and Evripidis Stilianidis have been made the foreign minister and interior minister respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai