Greek cabinet sworn in
Athens: A new Greek government led by Prime Minister Antonis Samaras was sworn in at a ceremony in Athens on Thursday.
The new Cabinet comprises three parties -- the conservative New Democracy, Pasok and the Democratic Party of the Left. Most of the ministers belong to the New Democracy party, which won Sunday`s election.
Prime Minister Samaras was sworn in on Wednesday and he chose to name his cabinet earlier Thursday.
The country`s National Bank chairman Vassilis Rapanos has been made the finance minister. However, Dimitris Avramopoulos and Evripidis Stilianidis have been made the foreign minister and interior minister respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!