Greek inmates held tunneling out of prison
Athens: As many as seven prison inmates have been caught digging a nine-meter-long tunnel in a Greek city, the justice ministry stated Friday.
"The inmates have dug a nine-metre long tunnel, at the depth of five metres, to get outside the penitentiary facility`s territory," the ministry said.
The tunnel was dug in a ground-floor cell.
The breakout, however, was thwarted "by observant prison workers," the ministry said without giving further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state