Greek inmates held tunneling out of prison
Athens: As many as seven prison inmates have been caught digging a nine-meter-long tunnel in a Greek city, the justice ministry stated Friday.
"The inmates have dug a nine-metre long tunnel, at the depth of five metres, to get outside the penitentiary facility`s territory," the ministry said.
The tunnel was dug in a ground-floor cell.
The breakout, however, was thwarted "by observant prison workers," the ministry said without giving further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama