Greek inmates held tunneling out of prison
Athens: As many as seven prison inmates have been caught digging a nine-meter-long tunnel in a Greek city, the justice ministry stated Friday.
"The inmates have dug a nine-metre long tunnel, at the depth of five metres, to get outside the penitentiary facility`s territory," the ministry said.
The tunnel was dug in a ground-floor cell.
The breakout, however, was thwarted "by observant prison workers," the ministry said without giving further details.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory