Greek inmates held tunneling out of prison
Athens: As many as seven prison inmates have been caught digging a nine-meter-long tunnel in a Greek city, the justice ministry stated Friday.
"The inmates have dug a nine-metre long tunnel, at the depth of five metres, to get outside the penitentiary facility`s territory," the ministry said.
The tunnel was dug in a ground-floor cell.
The breakout, however, was thwarted "by observant prison workers," the ministry said without giving further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar