Greek inmates held tunneling out of prison
Athens: As many as seven prison inmates have been caught digging a nine-meter-long tunnel in a Greek city, the justice ministry stated Friday.
"The inmates have dug a nine-metre long tunnel, at the depth of five metres, to get outside the penitentiary facility`s territory," the ministry said.
The tunnel was dug in a ground-floor cell.
The breakout, however, was thwarted "by observant prison workers," the ministry said without giving further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi