Greek jailed for 52 years for raping British women
London: A 39-year-old Greek man has been jailed for 52 years for raping at knifepoint at least three British women holidaymakers during a 46-day spree on the island of Corfu.
Dimitris Aspiotis will not be considered for parole until he is 91, The Sun reported.
The sentencing came after a court hearing in which three British women victims recounted how the man would repeatedly rape them for hours at knifepoint.
Aspiotis`s attacks took place in 2010. He was earlier released halfway through a six-year sentence for sex attacks on three other British women.
The man partied with holidaymakers on the beach before attacking victims as they walked back on a woodland path.
One victim told the court the "horrific" ordeal lasted up to six hours.
The woman also feared the accused was going to kill her to get rid of the evidence. He later took her money and phone.
The man, who admitted charges of rape, robbery and assault, begged for leniency, saying he was "ugly".
In the dramatic sequence of events, his brother yelled from the court corridor: "Give me a gun and I`ll shoot him myself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test