Greek journalist killed near Athens: Police
Athens: Gunmen shot and killed a Greek journalist early Monday in front of his home near Athens, before fleeing in a car, police said.
At least three unknown assailants fired at the journalist, Socratis Guiolas, around 5:20 am (0320 GMT), killing the 35-year-old instantly, police said.
According to initial reports, the gunmen asked the journalist to come out of his house, claiming someone had stolen his car, and then opened fire with an automatic weapon. Some 20 cartridges were found at the scene.
Investigators say they are looking into all possible motives for the killing, including whether by criminals or extremists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa
- Twin suicide bombs kill 13 near Mogadishu airport