Greek journalist killed near Athens: Police
Athens: Gunmen shot and killed a Greek journalist early Monday in front of his home near Athens, before fleeing in a car, police said.
At least three unknown assailants fired at the journalist, Socratis Guiolas, around 5:20 am (0320 GMT), killing the 35-year-old instantly, police said.
According to initial reports, the gunmen asked the journalist to come out of his house, claiming someone had stolen his car, and then opened fire with an automatic weapon. Some 20 cartridges were found at the scene.
Investigators say they are looking into all possible motives for the killing, including whether by criminals or extremists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder