Greek journalist killed near Athens: Police
Athens: Gunmen shot and killed a Greek journalist early Monday in front of his home near Athens, before fleeing in a car, police said.
At least three unknown assailants fired at the journalist, Socratis Guiolas, around 5:20 am (0320 GMT), killing the 35-year-old instantly, police said.
According to initial reports, the gunmen asked the journalist to come out of his house, claiming someone had stolen his car, and then opened fire with an automatic weapon. Some 20 cartridges were found at the scene.
Investigators say they are looking into all possible motives for the killing, including whether by criminals or extremists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics