`Greek PM is history`
Athens: A Greek governing Socialist lawmaker says Prime Minister George Papandreou is "history”, as lawmakers revolt against a planned referendum on the country`s hard-won international bailout package.
Dimitris Lintzeris said in a statement on Thursday that Papandreou must convene an emergency meeting of party lawmakers.
Papandreou` has already summoned a cabinet meeting at noon, after Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos broke ranks with him on the referendum proposal.
Earlier on Thursday, Socialist lawmaker Eva Kaili also said she would not support the government in Friday`s confidence vote, and urged Papandreou to reverse his decision to call a referendum.
Without Kaili`s support, the governing Socialists hold a one-seat majority in the 300-member Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29