`Greek PM is history`
Athens: A Greek governing Socialist lawmaker says Prime Minister George Papandreou is "history”, as lawmakers revolt against a planned referendum on the country`s hard-won international bailout package.
Dimitris Lintzeris said in a statement on Thursday that Papandreou must convene an emergency meeting of party lawmakers.
Papandreou` has already summoned a cabinet meeting at noon, after Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos broke ranks with him on the referendum proposal.
Earlier on Thursday, Socialist lawmaker Eva Kaili also said she would not support the government in Friday`s confidence vote, and urged Papandreou to reverse his decision to call a referendum.
Without Kaili`s support, the governing Socialists hold a one-seat majority in the 300-member Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...