`Greek PM is history`
Athens: A Greek governing Socialist lawmaker says Prime Minister George Papandreou is "history”, as lawmakers revolt against a planned referendum on the country`s hard-won international bailout package.
Dimitris Lintzeris said in a statement on Thursday that Papandreou must convene an emergency meeting of party lawmakers.
Papandreou` has already summoned a cabinet meeting at noon, after Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos broke ranks with him on the referendum proposal.
Earlier on Thursday, Socialist lawmaker Eva Kaili also said she would not support the government in Friday`s confidence vote, and urged Papandreou to reverse his decision to call a referendum.
Without Kaili`s support, the governing Socialists hold a one-seat majority in the 300-member Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'