Greek PM proposes `temporary` reopening of state broadcaster
Athens: Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras on Monday renewed a proposal to reopen state broadcaster ERT until a government initiative to form a new one is approved by Parliament, a government source said.
A commission made up of representatives from the three coalition parties would "hire the number of journalists needed to get the state broadcaster running again" until legislation is passed to set up a new one, the source said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?