Greek PM proposes `temporary` reopening of state broadcaster
Athens: Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras on Monday renewed a proposal to reopen state broadcaster ERT until a government initiative to form a new one is approved by Parliament, a government source said.
A commission made up of representatives from the three coalition parties would "hire the number of journalists needed to get the state broadcaster running again" until legislation is passed to set up a new one, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018
- PCB to send Mohammad Hafeez to England for knee-injury treatment
- China says extremely dissatisfied with G7 statement on South China Sea
- Ice age on Mars took place 400,000 years ago, claim scientists