Grenade attacks on Kenya coast kill 1
Nairobi: Two separate grenade attacks on the Kenyan coast killed at least one person and wounded around a dozen others on Saturday night, officials said.
One grenade was thrown into a crowd of people in the small town of Mpwapa, which is north of Mombasa, police official Jacinta Kinywa. At least 10 people were wounded and the attacker escaped on foot, Kinywa said.
A witness, Dan Maithya, said the grenade landed on a woman, and that the blast severed her head.
A second grenade attack was carried out against a nearby bar, two Western officials said. There were reports of two people wounded in that attack.
Kenya has seen several hit-and-run grenade attacks in recent months in the capital, Nairobi. Police have blamed previous attacks on the militant group al-Shabab, but the Somali insurgent group has denied involvement. The attacks don`t bear the hallmarks of the type of strikes that the al Qaeda-linked group would carry out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy