Grenade attacks on Kenya coast kill 1
Nairobi: Two separate grenade attacks on the Kenyan coast killed at least one person and wounded around a dozen others on Saturday night, officials said.
One grenade was thrown into a crowd of people in the small town of Mpwapa, which is north of Mombasa, police official Jacinta Kinywa. At least 10 people were wounded and the attacker escaped on foot, Kinywa said.
A witness, Dan Maithya, said the grenade landed on a woman, and that the blast severed her head.
A second grenade attack was carried out against a nearby bar, two Western officials said. There were reports of two people wounded in that attack.
Kenya has seen several hit-and-run grenade attacks in recent months in the capital, Nairobi. Police have blamed previous attacks on the militant group al-Shabab, but the Somali insurgent group has denied involvement. The attacks don`t bear the hallmarks of the type of strikes that the al Qaeda-linked group would carry out.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket