Grenade attacks on Kenya coast kill 1
Nairobi: Two separate grenade attacks on the Kenyan coast killed at least one person and wounded around a dozen others on Saturday night, officials said.
One grenade was thrown into a crowd of people in the small town of Mpwapa, which is north of Mombasa, police official Jacinta Kinywa. At least 10 people were wounded and the attacker escaped on foot, Kinywa said.
A witness, Dan Maithya, said the grenade landed on a woman, and that the blast severed her head.
A second grenade attack was carried out against a nearby bar, two Western officials said. There were reports of two people wounded in that attack.
Kenya has seen several hit-and-run grenade attacks in recent months in the capital, Nairobi. Police have blamed previous attacks on the militant group al-Shabab, but the Somali insurgent group has denied involvement. The attacks don`t bear the hallmarks of the type of strikes that the al Qaeda-linked group would carry out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened