Grenade blast in Philippines kills 2, hurts dozens
Manila: A grenade explosion inside a
cockfighting arena in the restive southern Philippines has
killed two spectators and wounded dozens.
Police say a man tossed the grenade in the crowded arena
during a town fiesta today. Muslim rebels and criminal
syndicates are active in the area, but regional military
commander Col. Leopoldo Galon says the explosion is believed
to have been triggered by a personal feud.
The blast occurred in North Cotabato province, where
extortion was blamed for a bus attack that killed two people
earlier in the week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?