Grenade blast in Philippines kills 2, hurts dozens
Manila: A grenade explosion inside a
cockfighting arena in the restive southern Philippines has
killed two spectators and wounded dozens.
Police say a man tossed the grenade in the crowded arena
during a town fiesta today. Muslim rebels and criminal
syndicates are active in the area, but regional military
commander Col. Leopoldo Galon says the explosion is believed
to have been triggered by a personal feud.
The blast occurred in North Cotabato province, where
extortion was blamed for a bus attack that killed two people
earlier in the week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list