Grenade blast in Philippines kills 2, hurts dozens
Manila: A grenade explosion inside a
cockfighting arena in the restive southern Philippines has
killed two spectators and wounded dozens.
Police say a man tossed the grenade in the crowded arena
during a town fiesta today. Muslim rebels and criminal
syndicates are active in the area, but regional military
commander Col. Leopoldo Galon says the explosion is believed
to have been triggered by a personal feud.
The blast occurred in North Cotabato province, where
extortion was blamed for a bus attack that killed two people
earlier in the week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand