Grenade blast in Philippines kills 2, hurts dozens
Manila: A grenade explosion inside a
cockfighting arena in the restive southern Philippines has
killed two spectators and wounded dozens.
Police say a man tossed the grenade in the crowded arena
during a town fiesta today. Muslim rebels and criminal
syndicates are active in the area, but regional military
commander Col. Leopoldo Galon says the explosion is believed
to have been triggered by a personal feud.
The blast occurred in North Cotabato province, where
extortion was blamed for a bus attack that killed two people
earlier in the week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM