Grenade blast in Philippines kills 2, hurts dozens
Manila: A grenade explosion inside a
cockfighting arena in the restive southern Philippines has
killed two spectators and wounded dozens.
Police say a man tossed the grenade in the crowded arena
during a town fiesta today. Muslim rebels and criminal
syndicates are active in the area, but regional military
commander Col. Leopoldo Galon says the explosion is believed
to have been triggered by a personal feud.
The blast occurred in North Cotabato province, where
extortion was blamed for a bus attack that killed two people
earlier in the week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'