Grenade hurled into Kenya restaurant, 10 hurt
Zee Media Bureau
Mombasa (Kenya): Unidentified gunmen lobbed a grenade into a restaurant in a key resort town of Kenya, injuring 10 people, reports said.
The attack took place on Thursday morning in the resort town of Diani, south of Mombasa.
The attack comes just hours after al Shabab claimed responsibility for car bombings on a hotel in Somalia.
Kenya was stunned in September last year when al-Shabab stormed Westgate shopping centre in Nairobi, killing 68 people.
The attack at the Westgate mall, which was popular with expats, drew the global attention towards African terrorism and prompted the US to establish a drone base for the Sahel in Niger in February and carry out raids in Libya and Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today