Grenade hurled into Kenya restaurant, 10 hurt
Zee Media Bureau
Mombasa (Kenya): Unidentified gunmen lobbed a grenade into a restaurant in a key resort town of Kenya, injuring 10 people, reports said.
The attack took place on Thursday morning in the resort town of Diani, south of Mombasa.
The attack comes just hours after al Shabab claimed responsibility for car bombings on a hotel in Somalia.
Kenya was stunned in September last year when al-Shabab stormed Westgate shopping centre in Nairobi, killing 68 people.
The attack at the Westgate mall, which was popular with expats, drew the global attention towards African terrorism and prompted the US to establish a drone base for the Sahel in Niger in February and carry out raids in Libya and Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price