Grenade outside Croatian embassy in Berlin: police
Berlin: A package containing a hand
grenade was found outside the Croatian embassy in central
Berlin today, a police spokesman said, days before the
country`s president was to visit the German capital.
"Police units are at the scene," the spokesman said. "It has been removed by technical experts from the Berlin
police force and taken to a place where it will be blown up."
He added that police were investigating where exactly
the package had been left but said that they had no leads yet
on possible suspects or motives. No further details were
"There were no threats as far as we know," the
Croatian President Ivo Josipovic was due to visit the
German capital for three days from Wednesday, with talks with
Chancellor Angela Merkel scheduled for Thursday.
On Wednesday Josipovic was due to meet the speaker of
parliament, Norbert Lammert.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'