Grenade outside Croatian embassy in Berlin: police
Berlin: A package containing a hand
grenade was found outside the Croatian embassy in central
Berlin today, a police spokesman said, days before the
country`s president was to visit the German capital.
"Police units are at the scene," the spokesman said. "It has been removed by technical experts from the Berlin
police force and taken to a place where it will be blown up."
He added that police were investigating where exactly
the package had been left but said that they had no leads yet
on possible suspects or motives. No further details were
"There were no threats as far as we know," the
Croatian President Ivo Josipovic was due to visit the
German capital for three days from Wednesday, with talks with
Chancellor Angela Merkel scheduled for Thursday.
On Wednesday Josipovic was due to meet the speaker of
parliament, Norbert Lammert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack