Growing Jihadist power, threat to major Opposition groups in Syria
London: The number of Jihadist groups that have entered Syria following the uprising against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad is a major threat to the power of mainstream Opposition groups as well as the authority of the Free Syrian Army, a report has said.
One of the increasingly influential groups, Jabah al Haq (The Front for Justice), said that Jihad is spreading across North Africa and the Middle East.
The group warned that it will not stop at Syria but will include Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and even Israel, Sky News reports.
Jabah al Haq is led by a charismatic young cleric called Sheik Abu al Homan.
Abu Obaeda, a former soldier, described Haq as a quiet and pleasant person and added that his organisation is doing what every Jihad organisation from the Taliban to Hamas and al Qaeda has done- they are providing law and order and they are feeding and providing medicine for the people.
The soldier said that Jihad groups live together, they are religious and they fight hard against the government not the people.
He said that there is a takeover happening as every commander I have met in covering all of this revolution from the start has always predicted.
If the Syrian revolution were not ended quickly then it would become a Jihadist nightmare for the whole region, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015