Growing Jihadist power, threat to major Opposition groups in Syria
London: The number of Jihadist groups that have entered Syria following the uprising against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad is a major threat to the power of mainstream Opposition groups as well as the authority of the Free Syrian Army, a report has said.
One of the increasingly influential groups, Jabah al Haq (The Front for Justice), said that Jihad is spreading across North Africa and the Middle East.
The group warned that it will not stop at Syria but will include Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and even Israel, Sky News reports.
Jabah al Haq is led by a charismatic young cleric called Sheik Abu al Homan.
Abu Obaeda, a former soldier, described Haq as a quiet and pleasant person and added that his organisation is doing what every Jihad organisation from the Taliban to Hamas and al Qaeda has done- they are providing law and order and they are feeding and providing medicine for the people.
The soldier said that Jihad groups live together, they are religious and they fight hard against the government not the people.
He said that there is a takeover happening as every commander I have met in covering all of this revolution from the start has always predicted.
If the Syrian revolution were not ended quickly then it would become a Jihadist nightmare for the whole region, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez