Growing Jihadist power, threat to major Opposition groups in Syria
London: The number of Jihadist groups that have entered Syria following the uprising against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad is a major threat to the power of mainstream Opposition groups as well as the authority of the Free Syrian Army, a report has said.
One of the increasingly influential groups, Jabah al Haq (The Front for Justice), said that Jihad is spreading across North Africa and the Middle East.
The group warned that it will not stop at Syria but will include Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and even Israel, Sky News reports.
Jabah al Haq is led by a charismatic young cleric called Sheik Abu al Homan.
Abu Obaeda, a former soldier, described Haq as a quiet and pleasant person and added that his organisation is doing what every Jihad organisation from the Taliban to Hamas and al Qaeda has done- they are providing law and order and they are feeding and providing medicine for the people.
The soldier said that Jihad groups live together, they are religious and they fight hard against the government not the people.
He said that there is a takeover happening as every commander I have met in covering all of this revolution from the start has always predicted.
If the Syrian revolution were not ended quickly then it would become a Jihadist nightmare for the whole region, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani