Growing number of Saudi women excelling in science
Manama: More and more Saudi Arabian women are earning global recogniton in the field of science and medicine, according to a report.
As Samar Fatany wrote for a Saudi daily, she cited a report by UNESCO and said that the percentage of women graduating from the universities in the country, who hailed from the branch of science and medicine, was higher than that in western countries.
“In the field of science, 40 percent of Saudi doctors are women and there is an increasing number of successful women who have acquired global recognition as scientists and researchers and have inspired many Saudi women at home,” Gulf News quoted Fatany, as writing.
Fatany heaped praises for many women in the country which included Dr Khowla Al Kurai, who is a consultant and principle clinical scientist and cancer researcher, and Professor Samira Islam, who was the head of the Drug Monitoring Unit at a famous hospital and has made significant contributions in drug safety.
“These Saudi women who have reached leadership positions and many others are role models for future generations,” she wrote.
Fatany claimed the success of the Saudi women has certainly boosted the morale of the women community in the country and should be prove to be a source of inspiration for all of them.
“The success of these distinguished women has undoubtedly boosted the morale of those members of society who were once abused and marginalised. Women doctors, scientists and researchers are expected to contribute toward a socially, politically and economically progressive Saudi Arabia,” she concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs