Guards gave `50 Shades` to Gitmo prisoner: Lawyer
Guantanamo Bay Naval Base: A lawyer for a Guantanamo Bay prisoner says guards in the highest-security wing of the prison gave his client an apparently contraband copy of the erotic novel "Fifty Shades of Grey."
Lawyer James Connell says prisoner Ammar al-Baluchi had only recently heard of the book after a visiting US congressman told the media it was the most popular book among men held in the top-secret Camp 7.
But Connell and another lawyer for a prisoner in Camp 7 say that was untrue and that prisoners had no access to the book.
Connell says guards gave it to al-Baluchi and he turned it over to his lawyer unread yesterday shortly after receiving it.
Al-Baluchi is one of five prisoners charged in the September 11 terror attack.
A Pentagon spokesman declined comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview