Guatemalan cop accused of holding teen as sex slave
Guatemala City: A Guatemalan police officer was arrested on charges of holding a 14-year-old girl as a sex slave for months, authorities said Friday.
Marvin Florian, 40, was taken into custody Thursday, the police said in a statement.
The officer, who is accused of rape and torture, paid off the girl`s mother to keep quiet about the arrangement, according to the statement.
Florian was detained at a police precinct in a poor Guatemala City neighbourhood, near the residence where he kept the girl prisoner for a year.
Authorities should investigate the possibility that Florian has been involved in other instances of "sexual slavery", Alba Trejo, presidential commissioner for crimes against women, told the media.
Minors were the victims in nearly two-thirds of the 318 reports of sexual violence filed with police so far this year, the Guatemalan human rights office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers