Guinea: Junta rejects proposal for foreign troops
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, December 14, 2009, 17:16
  
Ouagadougou: Guinea's military leadership says it rejects any proposal for foreign troops to be sent to the West African nation to prevent more violence in the wake of an assassination attempt against the coup leader.

Col. Moussa Keita says any such deployment will be considered an act of war. Keita was speaking after a Sunday meeting of African, American and European diplomats to discuss returning Guinea to civilian rule.

On Sunday the West African regional economic bloc called for troops to be sent to Guinea to prevent violence in the wake of the assassination attempt earlier this month.

Capt. Moussa "Dadis" Camara seized power in December 2008. His top aide shot him in the head on Dec. 3. Camara is convalescing in Morocco.

Bureau Report


First Published: Monday, December 14, 2009, 17:16


comments powered by Disqus