Guinea reports 495 confirmed Ebola cases
Conakry: Guinea`s health ministry, in its latest data on the Ebola epidemic in the country, showed 495 confirmed cases with 367 deaths, an official said Saturday.
According to the official, 94 patients have been discharged from health centres across the country, while 19 remain hospitalised, Xinhua reported.
In the southern town of Gueckedou which was the most affected, there were nine cases.
Guinea`s capital city of Conakry recorded seven in the past one week.
However, the health ministry official said that there was no new Ebola case reported this week in the seven interior regions that has been the most affected such as Telimele, Kissidougou, Macenta, Dabola, Dinguiraye, Kouroussa and Boffa.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) Friday declared the Ebola virus disease outbreak in West Africa as an international health emergency.
It noted that the Ebola outbreak in West Africa constituted an “extraordinary event” and a public health risk to other countries.
The current Ebola outbreak started in Guinea in December 2013.
It has now manifested itself in Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone besides Guinea.
As of Aug 4, the countries have reported 1,711 cases (1,070 confirmed, 436 probable, 205 suspect), including 932 deaths.
The virus is spread through direct contact with the bodily fluids of those infected.
“This is currently the largest EVD outbreak ever recorded,” the UN body said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city