Guinea reports 495 confirmed Ebola cases
Conakry: Guinea`s health ministry, in its latest data on the Ebola epidemic in the country, showed 495 confirmed cases with 367 deaths, an official said Saturday.
According to the official, 94 patients have been discharged from health centres across the country, while 19 remain hospitalised, Xinhua reported.
In the southern town of Gueckedou which was the most affected, there were nine cases.
Guinea`s capital city of Conakry recorded seven in the past one week.
However, the health ministry official said that there was no new Ebola case reported this week in the seven interior regions that has been the most affected such as Telimele, Kissidougou, Macenta, Dabola, Dinguiraye, Kouroussa and Boffa.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) Friday declared the Ebola virus disease outbreak in West Africa as an international health emergency.
It noted that the Ebola outbreak in West Africa constituted an “extraordinary event” and a public health risk to other countries.
The current Ebola outbreak started in Guinea in December 2013.
It has now manifested itself in Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone besides Guinea.
As of Aug 4, the countries have reported 1,711 cases (1,070 confirmed, 436 probable, 205 suspect), including 932 deaths.
The virus is spread through direct contact with the bodily fluids of those infected.
“This is currently the largest EVD outbreak ever recorded,” the UN body said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam