Gun bill to be reintroduced: US lawmaker
Washington: One of the architects of failed gun control legislation says he`s bringing it back.
Senator Joe Manchin on Sunday said he would re-introduce a measure that would require criminal and mental health background checks for gun buyers at shows and online. The Democrat says that if lawmakers read the bill, they will support it.
Manchin sponsored a previous version of the measure with Republican Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania. It failed. Manchin says there was confusion over what was in the bill.
Congress took up gun control legislation in the wake of the school shooting that killed 20 children and six adults in Connecticut last year.
But it was blocked by supporters of the powerful pro-gun lobby, the National Rifle Association. Manchin appeared on "Fox News Sunday."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi