Gun salute, London light show to mark birth of royal baby
London: The British capital plans to mark the birth of Prince William and his wife Kate`s first child with a 62-gun salute from the Tower of London and a light show along the River Thames.
London`s promotional organisation said today that the capital`s giant Ferris wheel, the London Eye, will be lit in red, white, and blue, after the birth is announced.
An exhibition featuring clothes worn by former royal babies has already opened at the Museum of London.
The expected arrival of Kate and William`s first child has sent reporters into a tizzy.
Dozens of reporters have already staked out the central London hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge is expected to give birth.
The Palace has said only that Kate is due to deliver the baby in "mid-July."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Attack on CRPF convoy a desperate attempt to create problems: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!