Gunman kills 6, wounds 9 in Slovakia
Bratislava (Slovakia): A gunman killed six people and wounded at least nine in an attack at an apartment building in Bratislava on Monday, then committed suicide, police said.
The attacker, armed with a machine gun and two pistols, could not immediately be identified and his motive was not known, said police chief Jaroslav Spisiak.
The shooting took place at midmorning in the Devinska Nova Ves neighborhood on the outskirts of the Slovak capital. Five of the fatalities — four women and a man — were gunned down inside the apartment and another man was shot and killed outside it, Spisiak told a news conference.
The attacker, about 50 years old, did not see that several police had arrived at the building as he was leaving it, and he fired indiscriminately at people in the area, wounding at least nine of them, including a policeman, said Spisiak.
Previous news reports had said 14 people were wounded.
Emergency crews blocked off the scene, and authorities urged people to stay indoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'