Gunman kills 6, wounds 9 in Slovakia
Bratislava (Slovakia): A gunman killed six people and wounded at least nine in an attack at an apartment building in Bratislava on Monday, then committed suicide, police said.
The attacker, armed with a machine gun and two pistols, could not immediately be identified and his motive was not known, said police chief Jaroslav Spisiak.
The shooting took place at midmorning in the Devinska Nova Ves neighborhood on the outskirts of the Slovak capital. Five of the fatalities — four women and a man — were gunned down inside the apartment and another man was shot and killed outside it, Spisiak told a news conference.
The attacker, about 50 years old, did not see that several police had arrived at the building as he was leaving it, and he fired indiscriminately at people in the area, wounding at least nine of them, including a policeman, said Spisiak.
Previous news reports had said 14 people were wounded.
Emergency crews blocked off the scene, and authorities urged people to stay indoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley