Gunman kills two US soldiers at Frankfurt airport
Frankfurt: A gunman shot dead two US soldiers and injured two people seriously in a US Army bus at Frankfurt airport Wednesday, said Boris Rhein, interior minister for the state of Hesse.
The gunman was apparently a Kosovo national, he said.
Security round the airport has been tightened and an investigation is under way, Rhein said.
"Whether the incident was linked to terrorism I cannot say at this stage," he told journalists.
A spokesman for Frankfurt airport operator Fraport said the shooting took place in a U.S. Army bus in front of Terminal 2.
Chancellor Angela Merkel, speaking in Berlin, confirmed the deaths.
"We don`t know the details but I would like to express how upset I am. We have to do everything we can to find out what happened," she told a joint news conference with Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Socrates.
The US Army and Air Force and German police at the airport were not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?