Gunman opens fire at ruling party HQ in Greece
Athens: An unidentified gunman fired shots outside the headquarters of the ruling conservative New Democracy party at Athens’s Syngrou Avenue.
No one is said to have been injured in the attack that is being supposed as a symbolic attack as Greek PM Antonio Samaras no longer uses his office.
The area was immediately cordoned off by the police.
According to police officials, the guards witnessed the attack, when two men emerged out of a black car and fired with Kalashnikov rifles.
Reportedly, a bullet hit the window of the PM’s political office and shells were found on the ground outside the building.
Greece has in recent past witnessed a spate of makeshift bomb attacks against journalists and political figures.
No group claimed immediate responsibility for the attack.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why