Gunman opens fire at ruling party HQ in Greece
Athens: An unidentified gunman fired shots outside the headquarters of the ruling conservative New Democracy party at Athens’s Syngrou Avenue.
No one is said to have been injured in the attack that is being supposed as a symbolic attack as Greek PM Antonio Samaras no longer uses his office.
The area was immediately cordoned off by the police.
According to police officials, the guards witnessed the attack, when two men emerged out of a black car and fired with Kalashnikov rifles.
Reportedly, a bullet hit the window of the PM’s political office and shells were found on the ground outside the building.
Greece has in recent past witnessed a spate of makeshift bomb attacks against journalists and political figures.
No group claimed immediate responsibility for the attack.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information