Gunman opens fire at ruling party HQ in Greece
Athens: An unidentified gunman fired shots outside the headquarters of the ruling conservative New Democracy party at Athens’s Syngrou Avenue.
No one is said to have been injured in the attack that is being supposed as a symbolic attack as Greek PM Antonio Samaras no longer uses his office.
The area was immediately cordoned off by the police.
According to police officials, the guards witnessed the attack, when two men emerged out of a black car and fired with Kalashnikov rifles.
Reportedly, a bullet hit the window of the PM’s political office and shells were found on the ground outside the building.
Greece has in recent past witnessed a spate of makeshift bomb attacks against journalists and political figures.
No group claimed immediate responsibility for the attack.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi