Gunmen attack Nigerian military base, 7 killed
Abuja: Seven people, including two security men, were killed after a military base was attacked by some armed men in Nigeria`s Borno state, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
The incident took place after the gunmen came to the 21 Brigade troops` at Marte, a government area in northern part of Borno, on Wednesday, said Lt Col Sagir Musa, a spokesperson of the military`s Joint Task Force.
During the attack, one soldier and a policeman lost their lives while five gunmen were killed during an exchange of fire. But no civilian casualty was recorded, the spokesperson said.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram Islamists flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had declared and lifted some curfews due to wave of attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details