Gunmen attack Nigerian military base, 7 killed
Abuja: Seven people, including two security men, were killed after a military base was attacked by some armed men in Nigeria`s Borno state, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
The incident took place after the gunmen came to the 21 Brigade troops` at Marte, a government area in northern part of Borno, on Wednesday, said Lt Col Sagir Musa, a spokesperson of the military`s Joint Task Force.
During the attack, one soldier and a policeman lost their lives while five gunmen were killed during an exchange of fire. But no civilian casualty was recorded, the spokesperson said.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram Islamists flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had declared and lifted some curfews due to wave of attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried