Gunmen attack Nigerian military base, 7 killed
Abuja: Seven people, including two security men, were killed after a military base was attacked by some armed men in Nigeria`s Borno state, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
The incident took place after the gunmen came to the 21 Brigade troops` at Marte, a government area in northern part of Borno, on Wednesday, said Lt Col Sagir Musa, a spokesperson of the military`s Joint Task Force.
During the attack, one soldier and a policeman lost their lives while five gunmen were killed during an exchange of fire. But no civilian casualty was recorded, the spokesperson said.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram Islamists flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had declared and lifted some curfews due to wave of attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1