Gunmen attack Nigerian military base, 7 killed
Abuja: Seven people, including two security men, were killed after a military base was attacked by some armed men in Nigeria`s Borno state, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
The incident took place after the gunmen came to the 21 Brigade troops` at Marte, a government area in northern part of Borno, on Wednesday, said Lt Col Sagir Musa, a spokesperson of the military`s Joint Task Force.
During the attack, one soldier and a policeman lost their lives while five gunmen were killed during an exchange of fire. But no civilian casualty was recorded, the spokesperson said.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram Islamists flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had declared and lifted some curfews due to wave of attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America