Gunmen attack Nigerian military base, 7 killed
Abuja: Seven people, including two security men, were killed after a military base was attacked by some armed men in Nigeria`s Borno state, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
The incident took place after the gunmen came to the 21 Brigade troops` at Marte, a government area in northern part of Borno, on Wednesday, said Lt Col Sagir Musa, a spokesperson of the military`s Joint Task Force.
During the attack, one soldier and a policeman lost their lives while five gunmen were killed during an exchange of fire. But no civilian casualty was recorded, the spokesperson said.
Maiduguri, located in Nigeria`s northeastern region, is a Boko Haram Islamists flashpoint, where the Nigerian government had declared and lifted some curfews due to wave of attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY