Gunmen detain three journalists in eastern Ukraine
Slovyansk: Three foreign journalists were temporarily detained by pro-Russia insurgents in city in eastern Ukraine.
One Belarusian and two Italian journalists were stopped Monday by gunmen as they reported in the city of Slovyansk, which has been occupied by pro-Russia forces for more than a week.
Slovyansk is one of many cities in Ukraine`s Russian-speaking eastern region where insurgents are demanding greater ties with Russia.
Dmitry Galko told The Associated Press that he and two Italian colleagues were taken in then freed some time later after a document check.
Ukraine`s Foreign Ministry and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe, a 57-nation group that includes Russia and the United States, condemned the detentions and demanded the journalists` immediate release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam