Gunmen detain three journalists in eastern Ukraine
Slovyansk: Three foreign journalists were temporarily detained by pro-Russia insurgents in city in eastern Ukraine.
One Belarusian and two Italian journalists were stopped Monday by gunmen as they reported in the city of Slovyansk, which has been occupied by pro-Russia forces for more than a week.
Slovyansk is one of many cities in Ukraine`s Russian-speaking eastern region where insurgents are demanding greater ties with Russia.
Dmitry Galko told The Associated Press that he and two Italian colleagues were taken in then freed some time later after a document check.
Ukraine`s Foreign Ministry and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe, a 57-nation group that includes Russia and the United States, condemned the detentions and demanded the journalists` immediate release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more