Gunmen detain three journalists in eastern Ukraine
Slovyansk: Three foreign journalists were temporarily detained by pro-Russia insurgents in city in eastern Ukraine.
One Belarusian and two Italian journalists were stopped Monday by gunmen as they reported in the city of Slovyansk, which has been occupied by pro-Russia forces for more than a week.
Slovyansk is one of many cities in Ukraine`s Russian-speaking eastern region where insurgents are demanding greater ties with Russia.
Dmitry Galko told The Associated Press that he and two Italian colleagues were taken in then freed some time later after a document check.
Ukraine`s Foreign Ministry and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe, a 57-nation group that includes Russia and the United States, condemned the detentions and demanded the journalists` immediate release.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India