Gunmen kill 10 men in Mexican resort town bar
Mexico City: Ten people were fatally shot
when gunmen stormed into a nightclub and opened fire early
on Saturday in the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco, police said.
Four others were wounded in the early morning shooting
in Acapulco, which has seen a wave of drug killings as gang
violence has gripped Mexico.
The Ministry of Public Security of the state of
Guerrero said all 10 nightclub victims were men aged between
25 and 45.
The gunmen fled and there was no report of arrests.
The motive was not immediately known.
Acapulco, once a glamorous getaway for Hollywood
celebrities, has been struggling to distance itself from a
series of brutal killings by rival cartels.
On Tuesday, gunmen pursuing a rival killed six people,
including two children, after opening fire on two family homes
Earlier this month, authorities unearthed nine bodies
in three areas near the beach town.
Nearly 35,000 people have been killed in Mexico`s
drug-related violence since the end of 2006 when President
Felipe Calderon launched a military-led crackdown on the
country`s powerful drug cartels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!