Gunmen kill 10 men in Mexican resort town bar
Mexico City: Ten people were fatally shot
when gunmen stormed into a nightclub and opened fire early
on Saturday in the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco, police said.
Four others were wounded in the early morning shooting
in Acapulco, which has seen a wave of drug killings as gang
violence has gripped Mexico.
The Ministry of Public Security of the state of
Guerrero said all 10 nightclub victims were men aged between
25 and 45.
The gunmen fled and there was no report of arrests.
The motive was not immediately known.
Acapulco, once a glamorous getaway for Hollywood
celebrities, has been struggling to distance itself from a
series of brutal killings by rival cartels.
On Tuesday, gunmen pursuing a rival killed six people,
including two children, after opening fire on two family homes
Earlier this month, authorities unearthed nine bodies
in three areas near the beach town.
Nearly 35,000 people have been killed in Mexico`s
drug-related violence since the end of 2006 when President
Felipe Calderon launched a military-led crackdown on the
country`s powerful drug cartels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you