Gunmen kill 10 men in Mexican resort town bar
Mexico City: Ten people were fatally shot
when gunmen stormed into a nightclub and opened fire early
on Saturday in the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco, police said.
Four others were wounded in the early morning shooting
in Acapulco, which has seen a wave of drug killings as gang
violence has gripped Mexico.
The Ministry of Public Security of the state of
Guerrero said all 10 nightclub victims were men aged between
25 and 45.
The gunmen fled and there was no report of arrests.
The motive was not immediately known.
Acapulco, once a glamorous getaway for Hollywood
celebrities, has been struggling to distance itself from a
series of brutal killings by rival cartels.
On Tuesday, gunmen pursuing a rival killed six people,
including two children, after opening fire on two family homes
Earlier this month, authorities unearthed nine bodies
in three areas near the beach town.
Nearly 35,000 people have been killed in Mexico`s
drug-related violence since the end of 2006 when President
Felipe Calderon launched a military-led crackdown on the
country`s powerful drug cartels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange
- Brent oil pushes above $50 for first time in nearly seven months