Gunmen kill 11 in Mexican mountain city
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico): Gunmen killed at least 11 people in Guadalupe y Calvo, a city in northern Mexico`s Tarahumara Mountains, officials said Sunday.
Six people were murdered Friday night in two separate incidents and five others were gunned down Saturday by enforcers working for a criminal organization in the city of about 10,000 people.
Three men ages 17, 22 and 37 were murdered in the first incident Friday, with two 35-year-old males and a 40-year-old man gunned down a few hours later, Chihuahua Attorney General`s Office spokesman Carlos Gonzalez said.
Gunmen closed the roads leading into the city, entered some houses and grabbed several people, residents told EFE.
At least one house was torched by the gunmen, residents said.
The bullet-riddled bodies of five other people were found Saturday by police in Santa Rosalia, a community within the Guadalupe y Calvo city limits.
The victims may have been shot by gunmen riding an automobile, Gonzalez said.
The Defense Secretariat has ordered army troops deployed in Guadalupe y Calvo to restore order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued