Gunmen kill 11 in Mexican mountain city
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico): Gunmen killed at least 11 people in Guadalupe y Calvo, a city in northern Mexico`s Tarahumara Mountains, officials said Sunday.
Six people were murdered Friday night in two separate incidents and five others were gunned down Saturday by enforcers working for a criminal organization in the city of about 10,000 people.
Three men ages 17, 22 and 37 were murdered in the first incident Friday, with two 35-year-old males and a 40-year-old man gunned down a few hours later, Chihuahua Attorney General`s Office spokesman Carlos Gonzalez said.
Gunmen closed the roads leading into the city, entered some houses and grabbed several people, residents told EFE.
At least one house was torched by the gunmen, residents said.
The bullet-riddled bodies of five other people were found Saturday by police in Santa Rosalia, a community within the Guadalupe y Calvo city limits.
The victims may have been shot by gunmen riding an automobile, Gonzalez said.
The Defense Secretariat has ordered army troops deployed in Guadalupe y Calvo to restore order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!