Gunmen kill 11 in Mexican mountain city
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico): Gunmen killed at least 11 people in Guadalupe y Calvo, a city in northern Mexico`s Tarahumara Mountains, officials said Sunday.
Six people were murdered Friday night in two separate incidents and five others were gunned down Saturday by enforcers working for a criminal organization in the city of about 10,000 people.
Three men ages 17, 22 and 37 were murdered in the first incident Friday, with two 35-year-old males and a 40-year-old man gunned down a few hours later, Chihuahua Attorney General`s Office spokesman Carlos Gonzalez said.
Gunmen closed the roads leading into the city, entered some houses and grabbed several people, residents told EFE.
At least one house was torched by the gunmen, residents said.
The bullet-riddled bodies of five other people were found Saturday by police in Santa Rosalia, a community within the Guadalupe y Calvo city limits.
The victims may have been shot by gunmen riding an automobile, Gonzalez said.
The Defense Secretariat has ordered army troops deployed in Guadalupe y Calvo to restore order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy