Gunmen kill 11 men playing soccer in Honduras
Tegucigalpa: Police say gunmen have attacked three groups of men playing soccer at small fields in Honduras, killing 11.
The motives for the attacks in the rural province of Olancho are still under investigation. Drug traffickers have been active in the area.
The victims were aged 18 to 25.
Police commissioner Hector Garcia says the first attack occurred on Saturday, and killed eight men.
The second attack on Sunday killed two more men, and a third attack left one man dead.
All the attacks occurred around the city of Catacamas.
On Friday, gunmen killed the husband of the national Assistant Health Minister Miriam Paz in Olancho.
Security Minister Pompeyo Bonilla pledged to impose order in the violence-plagued province, and dispatched a contingent of police and soldiers to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!