Gunmen kill 11 men playing soccer in Honduras
Tegucigalpa: Police say gunmen have attacked three groups of men playing soccer at small fields in Honduras, killing 11.
The motives for the attacks in the rural province of Olancho are still under investigation. Drug traffickers have been active in the area.
The victims were aged 18 to 25.
Police commissioner Hector Garcia says the first attack occurred on Saturday, and killed eight men.
The second attack on Sunday killed two more men, and a third attack left one man dead.
All the attacks occurred around the city of Catacamas.
On Friday, gunmen killed the husband of the national Assistant Health Minister Miriam Paz in Olancho.
Security Minister Pompeyo Bonilla pledged to impose order in the violence-plagued province, and dispatched a contingent of police and soldiers to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love