Gunmen kill 5 Egypytian soldiers near Ismailia
Cairo: At least five Egyptian soldiers were killed on Monday when masked gunmen attacked an Army patrol near Suez Canal city of Ismailia, authorities said.
"Masked assailants fired at the patrol from a private car," Ismailia`s security director was quoted as saying by Ahram Online.
The attack took place north of the city, where suspected militants have repeatedly targeted security forces in recent weeks, the officials said.
More than 100 policemen have been killed across Egypt in attacks and clashes, especially since the military toppled Islamist president Mohammed Morsi on July 3.
In a separate incident, unidentified assailants attacked the main satellite centre with a rocket propelled grenade today in Cairo.
The officials said one of the rockets left a 25 centimetre breach in a satellite dish used for international phone calls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj