Gunmen kill Libyan police officer
Tripoli: Libyan security officials say attacks in the restive eastern city of Benghazi have killed a senior police officer and wounded his guard and another officer.
The officials say Lt Col Hamad al-Amami was in his car late last night near his home in the city`s al-Salam district when gunmen opened fire, killing him and wounding his guard.
The officials say gunmen shot and seriously wounded another police officer in the same district.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity according to regulations.
The attacks were the latest in a wave of assassinations and bombings that have targeted police and army officers in Benghazi in recent months.
The city is a stronghold of militias with roots in the rebel brigades that fought against late dictator Moammar Gaddafi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre