Gunmen kill Libyan police officer
Tripoli: Libyan security officials say attacks in the restive eastern city of Benghazi have killed a senior police officer and wounded his guard and another officer.
The officials say Lt Col Hamad al-Amami was in his car late last night near his home in the city`s al-Salam district when gunmen opened fire, killing him and wounding his guard.
The officials say gunmen shot and seriously wounded another police officer in the same district.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity according to regulations.
The attacks were the latest in a wave of assassinations and bombings that have targeted police and army officers in Benghazi in recent months.
The city is a stronghold of militias with roots in the rebel brigades that fought against late dictator Moammar Gaddafi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured