Gurdwara gunshots heard in phone calls for help
Oak Creek: Sounds of gunshots can be heard in some calls made to the police from worshippers hiding in a Sikh Temple here when Wade Michael Page, a white supremacist, came that fateful Sunday and killed six of them.
One caller whispers to a dispatcher, asking for help to be sent as quickly as possible, according to a recording of the 911 calls made on August 05 to the Milwaukee County sheriff`s office reporting that a gunman was shooting people at the Gurdwara.
Others are matter-of-fact calls informing authorities that a shooting has occurred, the recording released by the sheriff`s office shows, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
"Hey, uh, we`re down 7420 Howell. Some guy`s shooting a gun. Uh, some temple or something...We`ve seen him go in there, so...," a male caller tells a sheriff`s dispatcher.
Another man tells a dispatcher he is calling from the temple and popping sounds can be heard. "There is shooting...There is shooting in this...," he says.
"OK. Did anybody get hit?" the dispatcher asks.
"He`s shooting," the man says, and the call cuts off.
On another call, a woman tells a dispatcher that somebody is firing and there might be blood. "It`s a Sikh temple, you know," the woman tells the dispatcher, who tells the caller that officers are on the way.
In another call, a woman who likely is in the temple hiding from the shooter speaks in a voice that is barely audible. The dispatcher tells the woman she is having trouble hearing her.
In a faint whisper, the woman gives an address and says, "Sikh Temple".
Oak Creek police and fire departments have not yet released their recordings of 911 calls from that day, the Journal Sentinel said.
The 911 calls began at 10.25 am that Sunday. A number of calls came from inside the temple from worshippers, who also called family members. Some of the worshippers were hiding in a bathroom; others hid in a pantry.
One of the calls came from Jim Haase, a retired firefighter. Reporting the shooting, he says, "I need an ambulance... A guy came to my house. He`s laying in my front yard bleeding." He tended to the man until the ambulance arrived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?